If you’ve bought this Brother Printer recently, then it must have the option to connect using WiFi Direct. WiFi Direct allows printers and devices to connect wirelessly without even using an access point or wireless router. This has made printing, scanning, and copying items even more fun and easier. To know how to connect Brother Printer to WiFi, you can follow the steps below:
1. Do the following using the UP and DOWN keys on your printer
· Select Network and then click OK.
· Choose WiFi Direct option and select OK.
· Click on the Group Owner option and then click on OK.
· Click ON and then press OK.
· Choose the Manual option and then select OK.
2. When the “WiFi Direct On?” message appears on your printer screen, accept it by pressing the Down arrow key.
3. Your printer will show up the SSID name and password which you need to note then to connect your device with the printer.
Use The SSID And Password To Connect the HP Printer with Your Android device, by following the steps below:
1. Go to Settings on your mobile and open Connections.
2. Navigate to the WiFi option and enable it.
3. Look for the SSID (Network Name) you noted from the printer and click on it.
4. Enter the Password in the given space and then hit CONNECT.
5. If you see Connected status below the Network Name (SSID) on your android, it means your Brother printer is successfully connected to the device.
6. To get started with printing, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from Google Play on your device.
Need more help with your Brother printer setup? Visit our Brother Support portal to get access to various helpful resources.